Building Community Partnerships
As a public radio station, K.E.Y.A. is not allowed to broadcast advertisements as a commercial radio station does. However, K.E.Y.A. is allowed to receive underwriting funds from businesses to help defray programming costs. This means the station is allowed to make brief on-air announcements recognizing that support. Underwriting provides businesses a cost-effective opportunity to support K.E.Y.A. and to reach potential customers at the same time. Underwriting options are virtually limitless. For example, your business can choose to support a particular program, a particular time period or have your announcement air on a rotating basis throughout K.E.Y.A.’s broadcasting day.
- Underwriting reaches your company’s Market.
Your on-air message is heard by a large and loyal group of listeners.
- Underwriting can target your company’s market.
Your business can be identified with a specific program at a specific time.
- Underwriting is excellent public relations.
Your company promotes a positive image as a generous, community-minded business.
- Underwriting serves your community.
Your business is helping provide quality programming to an appreciative audience.
- Underwriting on K.E.Y.A. is tax-deductible.
Unlike advertising, underwriting can be considered a charitable contribution.
Announcements May Include:
- The name of your business or organization
- The location of your business
- The phone number of your business
- Your business hours
- A listing of general products and services
- Value neutral descriptions of products
- Slogans that identify but do not promote
Announcements Cannot Include:
- Prices or interest rate information
- Indications of savings or special value
- A call to take a specific action
- Qualitative or comparative language
- Inducements to buy, rent or lease
- Inducements to utilize a service
Underwriting Is Good For Business
You will find that underwriting of K.E.Y.A. programming is beneficial to your business. Underwriting complements your advertising campaigns, enhances your public relations efforts, and promotes a positive business image. As an added benefit, it’s also tax-deductible.
As a K.E.Y.A. underwriter, your business will also be in good company. You will be joining many other community-minded businesses and organizations in supporting this non-profit, commercial-free public broadcasting service.
To find out more about the many advantages of business underwriting, contact our Underwriting Department at 701-477-5686.